Hello everybody!! how was your weekend? mine was wonderful, on Valentine’s Day we ended up going out for dinner despite the crazy low temperatures, and we survived. Today feels like a lazy Tuesday for me, is one of those days when you want to be in your Pj’s all day, catch up with your favorite shows and eat pizza.
I got to do the first two (check those grandma Pj’s) but pizza is not an option right now (with me trying to eat healthy and everything) so a while ago I came up with a solution to calm my pizza cravings. What if I told you, you can enjoy pizza any day without worrying about eating 1000 calories? Oh yeah!!! Can I hear a hallelujah!! This Pita Bread Pizza is really yummy and guilt free with only 300 calories.
You’ll need 1 loaf of white pita bread (160 cal, you can use wheat pita bread and slice your calories even more), 1 tsp of ketchup (10 cal), 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella (80 cal), 1 slice of ham, cut in little pieces (35 cal), 3 green olives, sliced (15 cal) and some crushed oregano. Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place your pita bread on it. Spread 1 tsp of ketchup all over the pita bread.
Add 1 slice of ham, cut into little pieces. Then evenly distribute 1/4 cup of low-fat shredded mozzarella.
Slice 3 green olives and place them over the cheese and finally sprinkle with crushed oregano.
Bake for 5 minutes in your preheated oven and broil for around half a minute, or until the top is slightly golden and the cheese is bubbly. Let it sit for a minute (if you can resist the amazing smell), eat and thank me later!!
There you have it, Pita Bread Pizza, low on calories but high on awesomeness. I love sharing these recipes with you as much as I enjoy eating them after taking all the pictures, lol!!! Today is $5 Tuesday at the movies and we are going to watch Kingsman, I don’t know if I’m more excited about the movie or the free popcorn, I love popcorn!! Have a great week my friends, see you soon!!
Pita Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of pita bread
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 slice of ham, cut in small pieces (I used brown sugar ham)
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella
- 3 sliced green olives
- crushed oregano
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place your loaf of pita bread.
- Spread 1 tsp ketchup on the pita bread and then add the small pieces of ham.
- Evenly distribute 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella over the pita bread and then add 3 sliced green olives.
- Sprinkle with crushed oregano and bake for 5 minutes in your preheated oven. Broil for around half a minute, or until the top is slightly golden and cheese is bubbly. Let it sit for a minute and enjoy!! (guilt free)