Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!! I hope you have your snacks ready for today, even if a snow storm is hitting you!! We tried to go to out this morning but we couldn’t drive out of the parking lot because of all the snow. Look at my husband trying to dig out our car, while I was playing in the snow.
Yesterday Laurena from Life Diet Health nominated me for The Liebster Award, I feel so honored!!! Thank you so much Laurena, if you haven’t check out her blog you have to!! She is a Nutritional Therapist that has healthy and really tasty recipes, if you need DEGF (dairy, egg, gluten free) recipes, she’s your girl!!!
If you’re not familiar with the Liebster Award, it’s an award given to up-and-coming blogs of less than 1000 followers, a way for the blogger community to tell you: Keep on going you’re doing a great job and we enjoy your blogging!! For a new blogger, like me, this is a big deal because it means that people read my blog!!
Let’s start with the rules, there are a lot of variations but these are the ones that made most sense to me:
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
- Give your nominees 5-11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
These are the questions that Life Diet Health asked me:
What made you decide to start blogging?
Wow, it was a million little things. I love to cook and try new recipes every day. I had a lot of free time. I wanted to know other people like me, passionate about food. I’m not a chef, I just enjoy being in the kitchen, cooking for the people I love the most.
What’s your favorite meal?
This one is hard, I don’t have one favorite meal, I really love eating like a million things, but if I have to pick one I guess my homemade lasagna is my favorite.
Which five fresh items are always in your fridge?
Avocados, we can’t live without them.
Cilantro, that smell… love it!!
Zucchini, I wasn’t too familiar with it until I moved here, but know I’m obsessed.
Bananas, I eat a banana every day, I’m like a little monkey.
Lemon, for my lemon-infused water and my salad dressing.
If you could only choose one food to eat for a whole week what would it be?
Maybe not the healthiest choice but BACON. I think I could eat it for a whole week and not get tired.
What’s your best alternative / free-from / substitute food?
That would be almond milk!! Yum!! I’m not lactose intolerant, I just like it.
Juice or smoothie and why?
Definitely smoothie. I’m always trying to copycat Jamba Juice smoothies.
How does the food you cook change with the weather?
It changes a loooot!!!! I usually plan my meals for the week but when there’s a snow storm like today or it’s just too cold, I’m not in the mood for salad at all!! Instead I like to cook comfort food or an Ecuadorian dish.
Is there a food which makes you ill?
I hate those prepackaged desserts like mini donuts, muffins or twinkies, I can taste the artificial flavors in them. I prefer to bake my own desserts.
Other than your phone, keys and purse, what else is in your bag?
ChapStick and wet towels!! I live in the Midwest so ChapStick is a must or your lips end up feeling like sandpaper. I always have wet towels because I’m a germaphobe, I’m not proud of it but I’m trying to control it.
What’s your ideal holiday destination?
I love the beach, I grew up having the beach just an hour away so anywhere with a great beach is ideal for me.
What’s your number one tip for new bloggers?
Do it for fun!! Don’t get too caught up in how many followers or visits you have, just write what you want, be nice with other bloggers and always be true to yourself!!
I don’t know if I can come up with 11 random facts about me but I’m gonna give it a try:
- I’m petite, 5’3″ or 158 cm, and I love it!!
- I don’t drink soda because gas makes me tear up.
- I can move my hips and dance like Shakira, I’m not kidding!!
- I enjoy watching my husband play videogames. The Last of Us and GTA V are my favorites.
- I’m still afraid of dark. I can’t even walk to the bathroom without turning every light on.
- When I travel, I always fall sleep as soon as I sit on the plane and wake up when everyone is unbuckling their seatbelts to get off.
- I’m taking some classes to get a Basic Web Design Certificate, so I can make my blog look awesome and cute.
- I volunteer at a food pantry every week, which is a great experience, you should try it!!
- I love Taylor Swift, huge girl crush!!
- I was in my high school choir, so I think I can sing… in the shower!!
- I worked for an airline so I got to do stuff like this:
and my nominees are..
- Quickly Delicious
- The Tasty Barbell
- Flourish in Thyme
- Sarah n’ Spice
- Cooking with Amanda
- Food, Fun, and Fitness in Chicago
- Baking with Gab
Your questions are:
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- Which item or product that you use daily would you recommend to anyone?
- Which is the last blog that you followed?
- Name one blog that you follow for inspiration and ideas.
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite TV show right now?
- The last thing I ate was _________
- Which was the last recipe that you cooked and didn’t turn out good?
Congrats to my nominees, I really like your blogs and I hope to see your answers soon!! And if you like football, enjoy the Food Bowl, sorry Super Bowl!!