Hello everybody!! Before I start sharing my average cooking knowledge, I thought it would be nice to tell you a little about myself, don’t worry I’ll be brief. My name is Adriana, I’m an Ecuadorian living in Wisconsin. You must wonder how I got here? Well this is the typical story of girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy, boy moves a thousand miles away, lucky me!! Before you start thinking “Oh no, another cheesy Long Distance Relationship story” let me tell you… You are right, it’s cheesy, but don’t give up on me yet!!
I met my husband in Ecuador; we fell in love and decided to start a Long Distance Relationship (LDR). One year later he proposed and eight months after that we got married. So to my LDR fellas, don’t lose hope, it’s a great ride.
I’m a new blogger so please be patient. I apologize beforehand for my English (in case I sound like Tarzan), after all my first language is Spanish but I like to think that my English is not that bad.
Today I wanted to share a recipe: “Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus Salad”. Since I got married I’ve gained almost 10 pounds (I like to call them “love pounds”) I’m on my way of losing them but it’s been hard finding salads that have unique flavors without being too crazy or too expensive. This one is a winner!
You will need:
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups halved cherry, grape, and pear tomatoes in varied colors
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced basil leaves
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil asparagus in a large pot of salted water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside
- Mix asparagus with remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well to coat evenly with dressing. Enjoy!!
In case you are a “asparagus newbie” (like I was), this article helped me a lot with the trimming science!! Here’s the link:
Let me know if you liked the recipe!!